Troop Leader / Co-Leader
Work together to provide a quality Girl Scout Leadership Experience for girls through service to the girls assigned to their troop. The team structure allows each volunteer to maximize his or her skills as they partain to troop leadership.
1) Apply! Fill out the Adult Membership Application and note that you'd like to volunteer. Please make sure all of your documentation (application, background check, training forms, etc.) reflects the same name.
2) You'll need to pass a background check! Please note, you'll have to renew your background check every few years. While your application and background check are being processed, start looking at training options.
3) Read up! Check out the New Leader's Guide to Success.
3) Get the training you need to succeed! For most volunteer positions, your next step will be to take Girl Scouts 101. If volunteering as part of a troop leadership team, you will need to take the New Leader Orientation too. Click here for all training options and here for all upcoming trainings.
4) Know your stuff! Read through the important documents listed on this page.