*Article X – Nominating Committee updated September 23, 2016
Board of Directors
Girl Scouts of Historic Georgia is governed by a board of directors which provides strategic leadership, advocacy, decision-making, partnerships and policy development/oversight.
Members 14 years and older may serve as council delegates and participate in the council democratic process. Delegates’ responsibilities are as follows:
- Represent membership views in local meetings and the Council Annual Meeting
- Encourage attendance of membership at local constituency meetings
- Facilitate rich and relevant dialogue on current issues
- Ensure operational issues are directed to council staff and direct policy issues are directed to the Board of Directors
- Serve as liaison between the Board of Directors and local membership
- Support the Girl Scout Movement in local
2017 Annual Meeting
The Annual Meeting is scheduled for Saturday, January 28, 2017 at Camp Martha Johnston in Lizella. Meeting information packet coming soon.
2017 National Convention
Girl Scouts of Historic Georgia is already planning for the 2017 National Convention and Council Session to be held in Columbus, Ohio around October 5-7. More information is on GSUSA's website below:
- Check out the official convention website!
Important Governance Documents: