- All camps are closed through May 18, 2020. We will issue refunds to all individuals and groups scheduled to attend programs and events through this date.
- All in-person council-sponsored girl and volunteer programs, trainings and events are cancelled through May 18, 2020. We will issue refunds to all individuals and groups scheduled to attend programs, trainings and events through this date.
- No trips will be approved through May 18, 2020.
- All council staff are being instructed to work from home through May 18, 2020 and are available through email and phone.
- Our shops are closed through May 18, 2020. Please shop online for any merchandise you need.
- Our customer care line is open! You may still contact us with questions or concerns during regular office hours at firstname.lastname@example.org or 1-888-689-1912.
- All in-person troop meetings, service area events and other volunteer-led programs are cancelled through May 18, 2020.
COVID-19 Important Updates
The safety and welfare of our girls is Girl Scouts of Historic Georgia’s top priority. We are hearing from our community, and many families and volunteers are concerned about the spread of COVID-19 in our state. Below are answers to some of the most frequently asked questions. We will be adding frequently asked questions to this page as they arise. Please also see the letter below from Sue Else, CEO of Girl Scouts of Historic Georgia.
Check out our Virtual Programs for fun Girl Scout activities to do while official activities are suspended!
Need help explaining the situation to your children? Here's how to talk to your kids about coronavirus.
If you have questions, please email email@example.com or call 1-888-689-1912.
What is GSHG doing in response to COVID-19?
What events are cancelled? Will we receive refunds?
Can we meet virtually?
What steps can girls and volunteers take to prevent the spread of COVID-19?
Greetings GSHG Volunteers and Families –
We hope you and your troop members are enjoying the virtual program opportunities posted daily to our FB and Instagram accounts. Perhaps they are a stabilizer for you and your troop members during this unusual time in our history. As you know, things continue to change daily and we want you to have any updates as quickly as possible: Governor Kemp on Thursday ordered the continued closure of schools until April 24 in the ongoing fight against the coronavirus. Your Council leadership team has decided to follow the direction of state officials. Therefore, our council offices will remain closed and staff will continue to work from home. The offices will reopen on May 18, unless otherwise directed by state health officials. All events and in person meetings are also cancelled until the same date.
Be sure to stay tuned for further instructions regarding our upcoming events, training opportunities and other pertinent information. Please continue to contact us with your questions and requests. We’ll respond as quickly as we can. We miss seeing you all and look forward to getting back together soon. In the meantime, take care of yourself.
Click the link above for the previous letter from the CEO!